Saturday, August 05, 2006

On friendship day to you my dearest friend ..


Two yrs. ago one fine day , my best friend visited me . She brought me my fav sweets and flowers. She brought 2 rose plants - 1 yellow n 1 red . I was more than delighted to receive them for 2 reasons , 1st one being my liking towards the person who brought it and the the 2nd - liking towards rose. We had dinner & had a wonderful time , re-lived all our good old times together . Felt so happy to have her here . Not everyone gets their "Best friend" so near after finishing their studies n getting settled . But I was fortunate enough to have mine so close to me , atleast for a short period . I took care of those 2 rose plants , re-planted them to new pots carefully and watered them everyday ( or every other day ;0) ). But I did take care of them , they were too precious for me to ignore . And out of the two ,I liked the red one more ..not that I ignored the yellow, but being a girl , I always had a special liking towards the red . Every girl likes to get a red rose atleast once in their life time . I was extremely delighted to have them at my home ... Over the period , both the plants continued to grow ,but after blooming once the red rose started to grow weak.. n despite my extra care ,atlast the red rose ditched me . It wilted without even considering the time n care I gave to it :( . And the yellow rose started to faint too -drooping its small small branches , except for one small branch which showed me a good green side of it . I watered it every single day , with the hope that it will survive . I did not want to lose that one too . Finally it survived. The single branch that showed the "green-ness" started to grow n though I had to wait patiently for a long time, the end result was good . Finally I could see small -small budding here n there n one fine day there it bloomed , one after the other !!!!! I felt so happy to see them .. Beautiful yellow roses amidst light green leaves . It was such a pleasant sight .



And it was the time when I heard that my best friend was coming to meet me , after 2 yrs . My joy knew no bounds . Though she was tired flying across the country and reaching here after midnight ,I took her to the deck & with an apology over the "wilted red rose plant" , I showed her the yellow roses . She was veRRRy surprised n happy to see the flowers :0) !!!!

I told her " Sush the roses given by you , did not give up on me" . She replied" Ni.. its because you took good care of it ". And when I replied with a sad face that the red one dried out completely , my best friend, with an assuring smile(as always )responded "The yellow survived dii .. because yellow stands for friendship -ever lasting friendship ". I just looked at her admiring her ability to make a person feel the BEST ever. We both stood there watching those beautiful yellow roses' "nodding"-accepting what they heard :0) .

And on this Friendship day Sush .. I want to tell you .. how much your friendship means to me . It has grown over the years (10 + ??!!! ) to a bond that is stronger than amalgam ..lol..lol .. ( dont want to add too much senti.. ;0) !! )

Hope the following is familiar to you Sush ...

"This is our kind of friendship .. the kind that exists between two people who understand each other and communicate each other - even without uttering a word " ,using - the principal non verbal cue that 2 or more ppl use , to regulate their verbal communication " as we read in our books .


Thanks Sush for giving me the gift of true friendship and being my life-time friend . I am certain that we can count on each other no matter what .

Happy Friendship Day to you dear Sush ...


"As we go on, we remember
All the times we had together
And as our lives change, from whatever
We will still be, friends forever"

courtesy: vitamin C graduation :0) .. plz do hear it dii ...

2 comments:

Jeseem said...

hmm..
i should present you a baby elephant and then come to see it after 2 years.
would like to see how u keep it alive and healthy and well fed :))

ann said...

hehehe nokkoollaaa ...